Looking for personal finishing products that add a bit of oomph, go the extra mile, don’t just hide an issue – ones that actually work? Below are a few goodies that have registered on Style Shimmy’s radar lately, all worthy of Top Banana status (the closest I’ll come to that so-not-my-favorite fruit). The best part? A little goes a long way with these beauties for quick and lasting results, from your frizz-free crown down to your sandal-wrapped, polished toes. So go ahead, make your day – and then get on with it!
- Phyto Phytodefrisant Botanical Straightening Balm – Just a dab of this lightweight, heat-activated complex will smooth out the craziest of Hair Gone Wild tresses. (Take that, Seattle!)
- Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 15 – Available in six different shades (I use Ivory), the medium coverage helps smooth, hydrate and protect, without the spackle factor.
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream – Actually, the entire CeraVe line gets top billing, from their dermatologist-recommended facial cleansers (I use the Hydrating one) to lotions (both the AM SPF 30 and PM varieties blend quickly and really moisturize), but it’s the cream that does serious duty on extra-dry patches.
- Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat – Gel-like shine and chip prevention without the gel-removal hassle and extra cost? Yes, please! This natural light-activated product dries in a flash, and comes off just as easily with regular remover.
- Obenauf’s Leather Oil – Your dry, cracked leather goods will thank you, and have you trekin’ and splashin’ without a care. (Note: It does darken colors a bit, so be sure to test on a hidden spot first.)